500 Club (7/19)
Before we get to today’s prompts, here’s a quick recap of the rules.
- Choose one of the prompts below.
- On your blog, write a 500-word story or scene based on the prompt.
- Post a teaser to your story in the comments below with a link to where we can read the rest.
Ready to write? Here are today’s prompts, inspired by this week’s topic: dialogue.
1. Write a scene involving three characters. Use as few dialogue tags as possible while still making it clear which character is talking.
2. Write a dinner scene between two characters. The scene can be tense, romantic, happy, sad. Your choice. Use dialogue to talk around the subject, to avoid talking directly about the emotional center of the scene.
Happy writing. Remember, no pressure. This is for fun!