500 Club (8/9)
Time for the 500 Club!
Before we get to today’s prompts, here’s a quick recap of the rules.
- Choose one of the prompts below.
- On your blog, write a 500-word story or scene based on the prompt.
- Post a teaser to your story in the comments below with a link to where we can read the rest.
Ready to write? Here are today’s prompts, inspired by this week’s topic: dialogue.
1. Write a scene with a ticking clock. Figurative or literal, this scene must have a countdown, a deadline, a looming axe about to fall. Go.
2. Write a scene featuring the character you love to write the most, but set the scene twenty years in the future. Who is your character now and what impact did the adventures twenty years earlier have on him or her?
Happy writing. Remember, no pressure. This is for fun!