500 Club (4/14)
Hello and welcome to Thursday! Ready to play the 500 Club?
Here’s a quick recap of the rules:
- Write 500 words based on one of the prompts below.
- Post what you’ve written to your blog.
- Paste the first couple of sentences in the comments below, and include a link where others can finish reading your story
Simple, yet elegant.
If you don’t have a blog, you can still play along. Just paste your 500 words in our handy little thingamawuggit over there in the right column.
All set? Here are today’s prompts:
1. Write a scene in the style of your favorite author. It can be about anything. Try to figure out how they do what they do, and what makes him or her your favorite.
2. Write a scene from the POV of a character that isn’t human. How you define “isn’t human” is up to you. Just, whatever you write, make it compelling.
Remember, don’t stress. This is for fun!