500 Club (5/19/11)
Welcome back from our brief hiatus. The 500 Club prompts are back and ready to stimulate some flash fiction, short stories, or just a good old creative writing stretch. If ever our Thursday posts take too long for your creative minds to wait, feel free to rummage through the 500 Club archives. The prompts might be old, but your ideas will always be fresh and new.
Before we hit this week’s prompts, lets take a refresher on the rules.
- Write 500 words based on one of the two prompts below.
- Post it to your blog. No blog? Paste it in the text box in the side widget, conveniently labeled “500 Club”.
- Give us a small taste in the comments below along with a link to the full text.
Now let’s get to fun stuff.
1. Three days ago, I had my smartphone, my smart wife, and my smart job. My life made sense. Today the world was ending, and I couldn’t find my shoes…
2. Write 500 words and in it, mention at least once each of these five items: a sleeping bag, a black tattoo, goggles, a chipped cinder block, and red lip stick.