500 Club (5/26)
It’s Thursday! Time to play the 500 Club.
First, a recap of how it works:
- Write 500 words based on one of the prompts below.
- Post your 500 word on your blog.
- Paste the first couple of lines from your story in the comments here, along with a link to where we can read the rest.
Or, if you don’t have a blog, paste your 500 words in our handy little widgetybop in the sidebar and send it to us to read.
Ready for the prompts?
1. Begin your story with the sentence: A day didn’t go by that [CHARACTER] didn’t think of the time…
2. Write a scene in which an object serves as a symbol of a character’s mental or emotional state. Use a light touch. Subtlety is your goal.