500 Club (6/16)
It’s Thursday! Can you believe it? Neither can we. It’s time for the 500 Club!
Before we get to the prompts, here’s a quick recap of how this works.
- Write 500 words in response to one of the prompts below.
- Post the 500 words on your blog.
- Paste the first couple of lines in the comments below, as well as a link to where we can read the rest of your story.
Or…If you don’t have a blog but still want to play along, paste the 500 words into the widgetyboo over there in the right-hand column.
All clear? Here are today’s prompts:
1. Write a story involving heat. This could mean the weather, the temperature of an oven, an acetylene torch, a hot pepper, flushed skin, a heated discussion. Use sensory details to make your readers feel the heat, in whatever form it takes. Make it interesting.
2. Write a story in which a character builds something. It could be anything from a model plane to a reputation. Avoid the temptation to write a process (e.g., first this, then this). Intrigue your readers. Draw them in.