500 Club (7/21/11)
Are you ready to stretch those creative muscles? If it’s been a while, don’t worry about creating a masterpiece in 500 words. Just let them come one word after the other. Trust me, the 500th word comes faster than you think.
First the rules:
- Write 500 words based on one of the two prompts below.
- Post it to your blog. No blog? Paste it in the text box in the side widget, conveniently labeled “500 Club”.
- Give us a small taste in the comments below along with a link to the full text.
On to the prompts:
1. Late to the Party. Write 500 words where your main character has arrived to a party after something big happened. Try to paint a vivid picture after the fact.
2. Finish this opener: Mamma always said land feet first. Failing that, act like you planned it. The question is, how do you act like you planned it when you’re belly down in mud that smells of fresh rain and radial tires?