500 Club (7/28)
It’s Thursday! Time to play the 500 Club!
Before we begin, a quick recap of the rules:
- Write a 500 word story based on one of the prompts.
- Post the story to your blog.
- In the comments, paste a teaser to your story and a link where we can read the rest.
Or….If you don’t have a blog, copy and paste your entire story in the handy widgetybob over there on the right. See it? Good.
All set? Here we go. Prompts:
1. Write a scene involving a change of seasons, either literal or figurative. Go for subtlety. Say less but mean more.
2. Write a scene between two characters, and at a pivotal moment, add a third. Explore how the third character changes the dynamic of the scene. Don’t have your characters do or say the obvious. Go for subtlety, instead.