500 Club (8/11)
Hello Thursday! And, hello fellow 500 Clubbers (Clubites? Clubbees? Clubians?) Time to sharpen those pencils, dust off those keyboards, and get to being creative.
First the rules:
- Write 500 words based on one of the two prompts below.
- Post it to your blog. No blog? Paste it in the text box in the side widget, conveniently labeled “500 Club”.
- Give us a small taste in the comments below along with a link to the full text.
On to the prompts:
1. Holding Back: Often times we write stories where our main character rushes in to save the day. Write 500 where your main character can’t stop the inevitable. Maybe she’s too sick to get out of bed, or he’s tied to the train tracks, or naked behind a bush. You get the idea.
2. Finish this opener: Sam opened the paper to the classifieds, something he hasn’t done in years, and nearly dropped his coffee when he read, Sam, if you can read this, please help!… (Feel free to change names.)