500 Club (9/1)
This Thursday marks the end of summer for a lot of us. Our children are back in school. The coming Labor Day weekend sends the barbecue industry soaring. Here in the desert the temperature dips from a scorching 115 to a mere blistering 110.
So let’s put pen to paper, so to speak, and write about it in today’s prompts.
First the rules:
- Write 500 words based on one of the two prompts below.
- Post it to your blog. No blog? Paste it in the text box in the side widget, conveniently labeled “500 Club”.
- Give us a small taste in the comments below along with a link to the full text.
On to the prompts:
1. Relief in Change: In 500 words, show the relief that is found in a change in the environment. A change in weather, graduation, release from captivity, day to night, the change is up to you.
2. Finish this opener: Life was different in Oppoton County. For one, kids didn’t go back to school. School came back for them…