500 Club (10/13)
This is the month to get your spooky on, wear your superstitions on your sleeve, and give a little scare to the kids down the street. A good scare can be a healthy thing, right? So use this week’s writing prompts to help get you in the Halloween spirit.
Rules aren’t scary, but necessary:
- Write 500 words based on one of the two prompts below.
- Post it to your blog. No blog? Paste it in the text box in the side widget, conveniently labeled “500 Club”.
- Give us a small taste in the comments below along with a link to the full text.
And now on to the prompts:
1. Finish this opener: No one would believe me that I had no intentions of reading the old book. None at all. But when I held the graying cracked leather in my hands, it pulsed…
2. Superstitions make people do odd things, avoiding ladders, cracked sidewalks, black cats, and the like. Write 500 words on a superstition you create that has your character acting strange.