500 Club (2/14)
Before we get to today’s prompts, here’s a quick recap of the rules.
- Choose one of the prompts below.
- On your blog, write a 500-word story or scene based on the prompt.
- Post a teaser to your story in the comments below with a link to where we can read the rest.
Ready to write? Here are today’s prompts.
1. Write a simple, honest love scene. Use the KISS principle (keep it simple, stupid). We’re going for authenticity and veracity here. Not shmoopy, gloopy, purply-shmurply, high-fallootin’, over-the-top sentimentality.
2. “The opposite of love isn’t hate, it’s indifference.” (Elie Wiesel) Write a scene of indifference. For optimum effect, avoid hitting the emotion too squarely on the nose.
Happy writing. Remember, no pressure. This is for fun!