500 Club (3/28)
Today’s prompts are inspired by the famous Chekhov quote:
“Don’t tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.”
Before we get to today’s prompts, here’s a quick recap of the rules.
- Choose one of the prompts below.
- On your blog, write a 500-word story or scene based on the prompt.
- Post a teaser to your story in the comments below with a link to where we can read the rest.
Ready to write? Here are today’s prompts.
1. Write a scene in which a character is hungry (for what, either physical or metaphorical, is up to you). Don’t use the word hungry or tell the reader the character is hungry. Show us the hunger. Use the senses and physical detail to convey the psychological aspect of being hungry.
2. Write a scene in which a character is overwhelmingly full (of what, either physical or metaphorical, is up to you). Don’t tell the reader he or she is stuffed. Show it. Use the senses and physical detail to convey the psychological aspect of feeling completely overfull.
Happy writing. Remember, no pressure. This is for fun!