500 Club (9/9)
Here we go again. Another Thursday and another set of writing prompts. Let’s get write to it.
- Pick a prompt (or both) and write 500 words. Don’t sweat the edits. It’s all to get the words flowing.
- Post it to your blog, or submit it directly to us using the text box in the side bar.
- Post the first few lines in the comments below with a link to the full text.
On to the prompts!
- Your (or your character’s) best friend has set you up on a blind date. Just as you are ready the door bell rings, you open the door, and…
- Write the last 500 words of a short story that has gone on at least 8 pages before this. Give me as much information as possible, make me understand what the stuff of the story is, make me care and understand – without those first 8 or more pages.
There you go. One easy, the other… not so much. Take one or both and make it happen.
Good luck and write on.